Thursday, May 29, 2008

Big trucks and cool cards



Yesterday we started issuing brand new library cards. This is our first complete redesign in a number of years, and I think they look great. We won't be doing photo library cards any more. This will save time (yours and ours) and money since printing the photo cards was expensive. You can pick from any one of five designs, or keep your old photo card if you prefer.

I stepped outside today, and noticed the biggest cement pouring operation I've ever seen. They are pouring the foundations for Library Place, and it was an amazing sight.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

...just happened upon your blog by accident (I can't do blogs AND read library books, you know)...concerning new library cards without patron photos: I find this to be an interesting development and it prompts me to make a comment which I've considered for a good while.

You are aware, I'm sure, that EPL has the most stringent requirements, by far, of the four major public libraries in Snohomish and King counties....at the Seattle library all you need to know is your card number (or someone else's, I suppose) and you can check out library materials without the intermediation of a library staffer. This seems way too loose but they've the same clients as Everett Public Library(?!)...Everett seems so strict in this regard and most others. I enjoyed reading your thoughts...keep 'em coming.