Saturday, December 26, 2009

The morning after...


The morning after Christmas finds me working the reference desk, and reflecting on one of my Christmas presents: 1001 Gardens You Must See Before You Die. I immediately started paging through to check off the ones I'd already seen, and although I thought I'd seen a lot of gardens in my time, I still have 970+ left to go. A few of them are even in the area, and I have resolved to visit both the Bloedel Reserve and the Elisabeth C. Miller Botanical Garden before the end of 2010.

This kind of book has become ubiquitous in the last few years, maybe because they make such easy gifts for people who are gardeners, travelers, music lovers, etc. I did a quick catalog search to see how many of these books we have in our collection. I found books for baseball fans, divers, history buffs, and art enthusiasts. If you'd like to check out the possibilites or just see how your life experiences stack up, click here.

No comments: